General Motors values and respects individual differences. We appreciate and celebrate the different perspectives and ideas of a well-rounded team. Empowering unique perspectives keeps GM on the cutting edge of technological innovation in the fast-paced automotive industry.
To apply to become part of the Supplier Diversity Program, click the "Register Now" button below.
*Note: Application is best viewed with Adobe Acrobat 8 or more recent.
U.S.A.: Black American | Asian-Indian American | Asian-Pacific American | Hispanic American | Native American
Canada: Black Canadian | Asian-Indian Canadian | Asian-Pacific Canadian | Hispanic Canadian | Canadian Aboriginal
U.S.A.: Lesbian | Gay | Bisexual | Transgender
U.S.A.: Veteran | Service Disabled Veteran
Small Business Classifications
How to Qualify for the Small Business Program
In order for suppliers to qualify for the Small Business Program, suppliers must be self-certified as a small business within the applicable small business-size standards as defined by the Small Business Administration (SBA): www.sba.gov
- Small Business Certified 8(a)
- Small Disadvantaged Business
- HUB-Zone Small Business
- Veteran-Owned Small Business
- Service-Disabled, Veteran-Owned Small Business
- Women Owned Business
Key Criteria for Certification:
- A for-profit business, regardless of size, physically located in the United States or one of its trust territories, or Canada
- At least 51% owned, operated, and controlled by such individuals with U.S. or Canada Citizenship or Legal Resident Alien Status
GM uses national and regional 3rd party advocacy organizations to provide accurate certification status. Third party certification is not mandatory, but is preferred. Recognized certifying bodies are:
- National Minority Supplier Development Council (NMSDC)* nmsdc.org
- Women's Business Enterprise National Council (WBENC)* wbenc.org
- Canadian Aboriginal and Minority Supplier Council (CAMSC) camsc.ca
- National Women Business Owners Corp (NWBOC) nwboc.org
- Women's Business Enterprise of Canada (WBE Canada) wbecanada.org
- National Gay & Lesbian Chamber of Commerce (NGLCC) nglcc.org
- National Veteran Business Development Council (NVBDC) nvbdc.org
GM engages with additional advocacy organizations representing various segments of the diverse business community including; Disabled Business Owners and the SBA.
*or authorized affiliates